Monday, September 10, 2012

Six-Week Science Teacher

I've been waiting to post about what I'll be doing in Mozambique because I just wasn't sure. I received an e-mail from my contact in Moz about a month ago, listing a couple of possibilities, but I didn't see a point in posting all the possibilities when I might end up doing none of those things anyway.

However, on Friday night I received an e-mail from my contact at the school where I will be working. She said that she had been reading through my past experience and training and had just noticed that I had studied science. She said that the school had had a science teacher lined up for the 2012-2013 school year, but that person canceled unexpectedly. She thought maybe God had planned this just right, and would I like to teach science for the 6/7th grade and 8/9th grade class for the duration of my stay in Mozambique?

As many of my library coworkers will know, I love science and I'm thrilled at the opportunity to teach for six weeks! I definitely think that God orchestrated events to benefit the school and allow me to use something I'm passionate about! At this point I'm not too nervous about having only days to prepare for teaching, but maybe that will hit me when I get there. For now I'm just excited: excited to get to know the kids and minister to them in whatever ways they need and excited to teach science.

Please pray that:

  • I'll be able to minister to the kids and love them in whatever ways they need right now
  • the students I teach will learn lots of science and will learn about how amazing God is through science
  • I do a fine job teaching, even with minimal prep starting up

3 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! And middle school! Sometimes prep under pressure is the most productive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That peace you have is of the Lord - relish it! You will do great, and the kids will love you. We're so excited to follow your journey via the blog.

    ReplyDelete