Saturday, August 4, 2012

Two Snapshots Into Mark's Head

Scary prospect, I know, but fear not.  We tend to fear what we do not understand, and since the purpose of this post is to promote understanding, specifically of what makes me (Mark) tick, I am hopefully reducing your fears.

Anyway, I have two videos that will help to give a picture to those who may be confused about what music can have to do with missions.  The first video has a neat story of the way an arts consultant changed the way a group of people viewed their own cultural music- turning something that was used in the traditional religions of that area into scripture songs.  The second gives a good idea of part of what an "arts consultant" does. 
http://www.wycliffe.org/Go/Careers/TypesofWork/LanguageWork/ArtsConsultation.aspx

These activities are likely ones in which I will get to participate on our trip, and if the phrase "geeked out" means anything to you, you'll know how I feel about this!
~Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment